SMC, our people are our most valuable asset. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest professionals. We motivate and mentor them throughout their career with a common goal of growing together. Even though we have a solitary focus on stormwater related services, our staff and employment opportunities are quite diverse. While we maintain a preference for promoting from within our organization, we are always looking for talented individuals with an interest in having their career contribute to positive stormwater-related environmental results while enjoying a workplace grounded in respect and technical excellence.
We foster a culture grounded in the core values of mutual respect, enthusiasm for the environment, work/life balance, career development, and opportunity that matches each individual’s capabilities. We offer outstanding benefits including paid time off for sick and vacation, short and long-term disability insurance, ZERO DEDUCTIBLE health care plans, bonuses, and 401k with company paid contribution.
Current open positions at each of our locations are as follows. Click on the link that applies to you and then apply on the next screen to start the application process.
Baltimore Area: Hunt Valley, MD
- Admin/Bookkeeper – Great opportunity for a person with experience in office administration and bookkeeping to have a key position with diverse duties! No boredom or task burnout with this position as you will be doing many different things every day. Must have accounting knowledge and experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting platforms.
- Stormwater Inspector – With on-the-job training, you will learn about all types of stormwater facilities and will join an established team that has experience inspecting thousands of existing stormwater facilities.
- Entry Level Civil or Ag/Bio Engineer – SMC is seeking an enthusiastic Engineer with a passion for restoring the Chesapeake Bay! This position will entail learning the design of challenging restoration projects for non-profit organizations, commercial landowners, and MS-4 municipalities.
- Civil or Ag/Bio Engineer Intern -SMC is seeking a Civil or Ag/Bio Engineer Intern for Summer, 2020. Join our team to learn the design of challenging restoration projects for non-profit organizations, commercial landowners, and MS-4 municipalities; and assist in conducting inspections and learn about all types of stormwater facilities that feed into the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Surveyor – SMC is seeking a Surveyor to assist with both field and office land surveying tasks. Work will be directly under our licensed surveyor and will include a wide variety of projects from topo and boundary to stakeout and as-builts. This is a great training position for a party chief who wants more diversity.
Northern MD/Southern PA Area: Parkton, MD
- Equipment Operator – Be an integral part of a 2 to 3 person crew that builds and repairs a wide range of environmental projects including stormwater infrastructure and stream restoration.
- Construction Laborer – Entry level field position. Work hard, get paid well, and have the opportunity to move up.