SMC, our people are our most valuable asset. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest professionals. We motivate and mentor them throughout their career with a common goal of growing together. Even though we have a solitary focus on stormwater related services, our staff and employment opportunities are quite diverse. While we maintain a preference for promoting from within our organization, we are always looking for talented individuals with an interest in having their career contribute to positive stormwater-related environmental results while enjoying a workplace grounded in respect and technical excellence.
We foster a culture grounded in the core values of mutual respect, enthusiasm for the environment, work/life balance, career development, and opportunity that matches each individual’s capabilities. We offer outstanding benefits including paid time off for sick and vacation, short and long-term disability insurance, zero deductible health care plans, bonuses, and 401k with company paid contribution.
Positions that are currently open are are shown below. Click the links to submit a resume.
- Stormwater Maintenance Project Manager – SMC’s Project Managers are responsible for contractual and operational oversight of inspectors and subcontractors that perform routine maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of stormwater management and drainage infrastructure while maintaining clear communication with clients and project owners. Click here to send a resume.
- Inspector – This is an entry-level position that is ideal for people who enjoy working outside but are comfortable with office / computer work. While a college degree is not needed, it is an ideal position for recent grads with Environmental Science or Geography degrees. Click here to send a resume.
- Vac Truck Foreman – One of the challenges of being a CDL driver is non-stop driving, monotony, or being away from home frequently. Our vac truck foremen use their CDL skills and credentials while doing more than driving. Every day is something new, always local, and working with great people. Click here to send a resume or call Greg at 443-224-3011.
- Construction Layout – Our Layout Specialists combine their construction skills with the technical aspects of surveying and stakeout. You will work directly with a licensed Professional Surveyor to elevate your technical knowledge to a next level while being part of a dynamic construction crew. Excellent opportunity for an environmental science or geography grad who enjoys working outside. Click here to send a resume.
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Be an integral part of a team that builds exciting stream restoration projects while honing your operating skills in unique ways. This is a great position for a highway or site operator who would prefer to improve the environment. Click here to send a resume.
- Skilled Laborer – This position provides good working hours and consistent work throughout the year. It is a great opportunity to start climbing the ladder of success, learning stormwater and stream construction from the ground up. Click here to send a resume.
We are always looking for talent to join our team. Below are some other positions that open on occasion. Should you wish to be considered in the future for any of the positions listed below, please forward a resume to [email protected].